We flew over and immediately headed away from London, spending the first 5 nights in B&Bs. Our road trip route took us to Windsor, Bath, Brecon Beacons National Park, Snowdonia National Park, Conwy, Chester, and then back to London. Then we dropped off the car at Heathrow and spent the last 3 days in the city.
Some bullet points and then photos...
1. There is a direct flight from Salt Lake City to London.
2. Driving in the UK is crazy! Andrea gets 1000000 bonus points for handling the left-handed stick shift on the narrow, windy country roads in Wales. I don't drive a stick so she handled the driving and I was the measly navigator.
3. It rained every day (except the last day, when we left... of course).
4. We somehow run slower at sea level.
5. English breakfast and Welsh breakfast are remarkably similar :-)
6. The selection of hard cider was wonderful. Even better than a Whole Foods in California!
7. Walking on walls of castle towns is cool.
8. Westminister Abbey is essentially a graveyard.
These are my photos and maybe Andrea will post her set later this week...
They serve beer at cellar temperature in Britain. I can't say I'm a huge fan of that practice, but when in Rome...